Below you will find various policies relating to the activities carried out by 17 Miles from Bedlam.
Our Privacy Statement
The privacy statement provides information about the personal data that we collect and the way in which we use it. We have also listed your data protection rights, which includes your right to object to some of the processing that we carry out.
The statement applies to all individuals who visit, create and account and interact with us through our website:
The content contained on the website is likely to develop in the future. As such, there may be slight amendments to the wording of this statement. This statement however will remain easily accessible on this website at www.17MFB.com/about/polices, and will always be easily accessible from our website footer.
At times, we may use external links on this website, though any external links will be clearly identified as such. However, we will not be responsible for the content, policies or practices of other websites, and you, the user, should make yourself aware of this prior to use.
1. Our role
17 Miles from Bedlam is the data controller in respect of the personal information we collect from you, and content that you upload.
This means that we are committed to protecting your privacy at all times in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations that govern the use, including the processing of personal data. This includes the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and any subsequent data protection laws that are in force in the UK at the relevant time.
2. What personal information do we collect, and when?
When you visit the website (www.17MFB.com)
The information that we collect from you when you visit the website is limited to technical data. This includes:
- Your IP address of the device you used to access
- The way in which you accessed the website, whether that be via a search engine or via a direct link from another website.
- The type of browser that you used and information about the device you used to access the internet.
This data is only used for administrative and statistical purposes to help us better understand our visitors.
Information you provide directly to us
There are various throughout our website that ask you to provide information about you, to us. These include but are not limited to:
- Our registration form that is used to create a profile on our website.
- Our subscriber form which is used to add your details so that we can let you know about the latest news from 17 Miles from Bedlam and about upcoming shows.
- Our uploader form that is used to provide us with your content that then may appear in future online shows, on social media and used to advertise 17 Miles from Bedlam.
- Our contact form that is used by you to contact us.
We may also collect information from you when you respond to a survey, and when you send a direct email to us.
We may collect the below information from you:
- Your personal details such as name, date of birth, address, email address and telephone number.
- Other information about your act, and bandmates, as per the specific application forms you complete.
- Information about the content you are going to upload.
- Profile information such as usernames when you register for a profile.
- Information about your communication preferences.
Information we obtain indirectly
From time to time, we may use third parties (social media and other websites) to find out more about your act, and the content that you upload. Though, your account on this website will only contain the information that you provide.
3. Children’s privacy
This site is not intended for use by individuals under the age of 13. Those under the age of 13 should not use this website.
Persons under the age of 16 should not provide any content to us directly. In this case, a parent or guardian should create a profile and upload any content on the behalf of those who are under 16 if they wish to do so.
We will not accept content from or allow a registered profile for those under the age of 16. If found, the profile will be deleted.
We have restrictions in our forms, reminders and polite notices for those under the age of 16. Any content found to be uploaded by someone who is under the age of 16 will be destroyed.
4. How we use your personal information
The way we use your data depends on the relationship we have with you, whether that be as a subscriber or an individual with a profile and the ability to upload content on the website. In either case we may use your personal information to:
- Provide information on our services.
- Contact you directly to discuss a recent upload.
- To administer your profile.
- Retain a record of communications.
- Deal with enquiries.
- Provide access to further content on our website.
- Promote the services of 17 Miles from Bedlam, i.e. to let people know that your act is being featured in an upcoming show.
- to satisfy legal obligations which are binding on us.
- for the prevention of fraud or misuse of service.
- for the establishment, defence of enforcement of legal claims.
5. Information you may receive from us
17 Miles from Bedlam offers a strict ‘opt in’ policy for individuals. That means that we will not send you information unless you have signed up to receive this or we have a contractual relationship i.e. you have set up a profile with us. The information you can expect from us is as follows:
- Information about upcoming shows to those who have either subscribed to receive this information or those who have created a profile.
- Information about policy changes and administering your profile if you have registered for a profile with us.
- Other information only about 17 Miles from Bedlam if you have either a profile or have subscribed to receive updates from us.
For legal entities, such as companies and charities, 17 Miles from Bedlam operates in compliance with the relevant data protection laws and offers an opt-out policy. This means that we will continue to contact such businesses with news and information about our services until we are informed that this communication is no longer required.
Subscribers, those with a profile and legal entities have the right to unsubscribe from communications from us at any time by using the relevant links in their profile, by selecting unsubscribe in emails from us, or by completing our unsubscribe form here: https://17MFB.com/about/unsubscribe/ at any time to ask us to opt you out of communications.
Those individuals with a profile who no longer wish to receive information about their profile may also delete their profile by creating a deletion request using the relevant form here.
7. Data processing
We are required by law to rely on one or multiple grounds to collect, process and use the information that we collect from you. These include:
When you have given us explicit consent, normally via a checkbox within a form, to provide a service for you, such as subscribing to receive our regular updates.
Where we have a legal obligation to process your information.
Where it is necessary for us to process your personal information in order to perform a contract to which you are a party (or to take steps at your request prior to entering a contract) i.e. when you register for a profile.
Where we feel that we have a legitimate interest to contact you that is fair, balanced and does not impact your rights. I.e. it is a legitimate interest to process the data of a person who contact us with an enquiry, so that we can respond to that person.
7. Sharing your information
We will not sell, rent or lease your personal information to others.
We reserve the right to disclose your personal information to third parties:
- if substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, personal information held by us may be one of the transferred assets;
- for auditing purposes
- if we are under any legal or regulatory obligation to do so
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
8. Data security
We take security seriously in respect of your personal information under the relevant data protection laws to prevent unauthorised access to, alteration or destruction of your data.
We will take all reasonable steps to protect your information at all times. This information is stored securely on servers and we use secure networks with strict restricted access to protect data collection and processing.
We have put in place rigorous procedures to deal with any suspected data security breaches and will notify you and the relevant regulator of suspected breaches when we are legally required to do so.
9. How long do we keep your information
Your data will only remain on our servers for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for. I.e. your profile information will remain on our servers unless you specifically request that we delete your account.
Files and uploads sent to us, may remain on our server for longer periods of time up to 7 years. As per the terms and conditions, we can continue to use this for an unlimited period of time once published and used in one of our shows. I.e. the deletion of your account will not mean that the content you provided to us will not be deleted if this is already published on our website. You can however request that we do not publish your files in the future, when completing a deletion request. You also have the ability to delete your files from our server in your ‘my uploads’ area. Though this will not impact any content that has already been published by us.
10. Your rights
We rely on your consent to use your information. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by:
- Deleting your account
- Unsubscribing from emails delivered by us
- Deleting files you have uploaded
However, as per the terms and conditions, we are permitted to continue using the files already published in our shows for an unlimited amount of time.
Under certain situations, by law, you have the right to:
- Request access to your information (known as a ‘Data Subject Access Request). This means that you can request to ask us whether we are processing your information and if so, to receive a copy of such information, to check if we are legally processing it.
- Request a correction to your information, if this is incorrect. Though you can access your profile via www.flipsidehq.com and use the self service tools available to edit your profile.
- Request erasure, normally known as the ‘right to be forgotten’. That is to ask us to remove all of the information we hold about you if there is not a good, fair reason for us to continue processing it.
- Object to the processing of your personal information where we have relied on a legitimate interest to do so. You can unsubscribe from all communications from us at any time, using the following form: https://17MFB.com/about/unsubscribe/. However, if you have a profile with us, we would deem this a contractual relationship. Therefore we suggest deleting your profile first.
- Request the restriction of processing of you information. This allows you to ask us to stop processing the information we have. In this case, we would be able to provide you with information on why this processing has occurred and resolve this with you by offering information on how to unsubscribe and/or delete your profile.
In all instances, if you do decide that you not longer wish to receive communications from us, please use the self-service tools in ‘my profile‘ to let us know. As mentioned above, if we have a contractual relationship, it may be necessary for us to let you know about changes to our website and policies, and as such the way you access and use your account. This is described above as ‘administering your account’. To prevent such emails, you should delete your profile.
If you would like to exercise any of the rights above, you can do so by contacting us by email at: dpo@17MFB.com. There are also various forms in your self-service area, that you can complete. These can also be accessed below:
11. Further questions and contacting us
If you have any questions about any of the information above, please do not hesitate to contact us. You can contact the Data Protection Officer by emailing: dpo@17MFB.com or complete our contact form on our website.
12. Changes to our privacy statement
We may update our privacy statement from time to time to reflect relevant law changes and updates to the functionality of the website.
At all times, any changes will be reflected in our Privacy Statement accessible at:
- By selecting the relevant link in our footer throughout the website
Where material changes are made, all members who hold a ‘profile’ on our server will be informed via email.